Allerdale – Building Control Surveyor
Allerdale Borough Council, Workington, Cumbria
Building Control Surveyor
Salary: Grade J, £30,756 to £34,106
Closes: 15 February 2019
We have an exciting opportunity to work for our forward thinking and innovative council supporting the borough of Allerdale.
This role will enable and control all new building work through a consistent and public facing approach to achieve national standards of health, safety, welfare and convenience of people in and around buildings, facilitate energy efficiency and provide fair access for all.
This role will secure a greater market share of the building regulation work, carry out additional income generating functions and hence reduce the general fund contribution to the lowest possible level.
Please see the job description and person specification for full information.
This role offers competitive benefits as follows:
- Annual leave entitlement of 23 days rising to 28 days after 5 complete years of continuous Local Government service and 31 days after 10 complete years
- Paid time off for the 8 statutory bank holidays
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexi time working arrangements – no set start or finish times. An excellent benefit that allows our employees to have a good work/life balance. Additional flexi leave days can be accrued through the flexi working arrangement up to a maximum of 13 days per year.
- Pension scheme
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme
- Family friendly initiatives such as enhanced maternity allowance, occupational maternity/paternity/adoption pay, shared parental leave and childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Access to Occupational Health and counselling services
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted optical care
- The opportunity to take 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Free parking
- Employee wellbeing room provided for our staff to use. We run a range of activities such as craft classes and mindfulness.
- Various employee engagement activities